Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Littler figures bigger scale.

We broke out the 15mm WWII figures for a try at Five Core Company Command. We've been looking a larger level of WWII game and I wanted to get all those mini's I bought when I thought I was going to play Flames of War on the table. 

Once again Matt set out a great looking table. We each selected a company of infantry with some armour support and started rolling dice. As I learned from the 6x6 challenge last year it takes me about two to three games to get a decent grip on the rules., A few things were missed and some just skipped over but I felt we got the basics right and the game moved along well. The game uses a D6 for everything. Two color dice are needed one for shock and one for kills, sometimes they are rolled at the same time, we used white and red. A few things that I felt were unclear from the reading of the rules immediatly became apparent upon rolling the dice. We could have used a few markers for some action but worked our way through it. Occuping the buildings in the village was the objective and in the end it came down to a draw.

The Americans advance towards the town as the Germans move up.


US troops take cover behind the wall and open fire on the Germans.


The Puma moves down the road engaging the US squad.

An American platoon moves in to occupy the church.



Definatly a rule set that needs further exploration. Check out Nordic Weasel's  Blog for more info.

Matt has a good AAR on his blog Saltflats1929


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I guess that's a plus for the rules. We were focused on the game.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I’m also on the lookout for rules where I can use my old FoW stuff. Especially if I can avoid rebasing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rules recommends 1-1.5 width squares or round bases. Matt's were 3 figures per base mine four but everything is by base not figure. We're not fussy about things like that though. I think they're worth a try.

    ReplyDelete