Pages

Friday, April 19, 2024

Donnybrook GNW

 As part of trying rules and getting figures we own but haven't played with yet the last few game sessions have seen us playing Donnybrook and using my Great Northern War figures.

The first game was from the 4play scenario set #008: Poland & Ukraine 1708 / 1709. The Swedes tasked with getting their wounded General off the field. The Cossacks had to prevent this and eliminate as many Swedes s as possible.

The Swedes start moving.

The Cossacks prepare an attack.

The Master of hounds blocks the road.

After a loss of direction the Swedes carry their officer up along the river.

Swedish cavalry out flanks the Cossacks.

Our most recent outing was more of a straight up fight between a small force of Russians and similar sized force of Swedes. We played this twice, once with very open terrain and again with more terrain.

An officer directs his troops

Cavalry clash.

Russian cavalry intercept the Swedish Charge.

Firing before the advance.

The Swedish right flank.

With these games I've moved ahead with two goals set for this year. The first getting my GNW figures on the table and second playing some games of Donnybrook. I think we'll get more Donnybrook on the table.






7 comments:

  1. Nice work...I too have an almost unused GNW collection...the only time I have had them on the table, coincidentally, was to play several of the 4play scenarios from Poltava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I plan to try some of those using A Gentleman's War.

      Delete
  2. Great looking game. You have inspired me to perhaps dig out m6 copy of the rules and give it a whirl…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll find them enjoyable and easy to pick up.

      Delete
  3. Added my photos:
    https://mostinterestedwargamer.blogspot.com/2024/04/dinnybrook-3.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great photos as always. Thanks for posting and hosting.

      Delete