Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Organizing the AWI collection

We played another game of A Gentleman's War AWI the other night and a great game it was. We used two card decks and had five players. Three games over three weeks so I had left  my figures at Matts and in the end brought over most of the collection not that he doesn't have a substantial collection of his own. Here's Matt's AAR over on saltflats1929again.

Returning home I decided this would be a good time to organize the collection and see what's what. It's surprising how many figures there are. The AWI project was started many years ago and through out that time new ranges became available and rules played changed. The first figures bought were Old Glory and Front Rank to be used for Minute Man. Then Foundry came out. I picked up some Firing Line Cavalry. Painting was slow as usual and before I was done Perry came out. Most recently I've added Fife and Drum and Brigade Games.

Mistakenly I thought this organization would take only a couple of hours but it looks like it will be a little longer to get it how I would like it to be. Here's the start.
The painted part.

First box done 

These fellows need a home.

The American Officers in the back.

Clearing out a box.

Random figures.

Ten American Regiments 18-24 figures each

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It may help me stop buying more but don't hold your breath.

      Delete
  2. This is not helping me with resisting the call of the AWI... lol.

    Cool collection. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a great period to game but difficult to stay focused on one area or time frame. There's so many great figures out there and more coming.

      Delete