Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

One Hour Wargames outing.

I got together with Howard for a game this week. We decided to play One Hours Wargames as a good way to use my Little Britons figures. I've enough figures to have two equal forces of 3 Infantry, 1 Skirmish, 1 Artillery and, 1 Cavalry. We used the Rifle and Saber rules. Howard was Red and I played Blue.

First we played Scenario 1 Pitched Battle. In the center Howard defended the hill as I moved up hoping to be just out of range so I would get the first volley. Unfortunately I miss judged it and Howard got the first round. On the flank my skirmish unit battled with his Cavalry. Eventually my center cracked and his Cavalry defeated my skirmishers. I brought up my reserves but it was too late and I was beaten back and defeated.

Here's a few photos of the game I would have taken more but we were having too much fun.

Next we played Scenario 4 Take the High Ground. There was a little more maneuvering in this game as we both tried to gain advantage in the end though Red proved stronger and held on to the high ground.

Both games lasted about an fifty minutes . Simple as the rules are they do offer decision points that make for a challenging and enjoyable game.






2 comments:

  1. Let that be a lesson to me, and a timely corrective against my war games megalomania! You don't need three zillion figures to have a fun battle. 18 infantry figures, 6 cavalry figures and a gun. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's one of the things I like about these rules. You don't need a lot of figures and you can do different periods easily.

    ReplyDelete