Pages

Monday, July 9, 2018

Missed a month.

The one hobby activity I missed out on in June was writing a blog post. I had started one and it's still in the draft stage but it needs a little more work. I did get some painting in but nothing was finished. Flashing Steel and Disposable Heroes were played and both provided a great game.









This month saw the start of a new aspect of the Hobby, casting miniatures. I had some old equipment from when I was a kid and had bought some molds about a year ago but hadn't used them. I had a few hours before work so gave it a try. I got the basics OK but will need a few more times to improve the results. It's pretty exciting producing the figures by yourself and I can see this being fun way to do a new project.





The Prussians from a newer rubber mold came out fairly well the Native Americans from an older metal mold not so good. Practice should help.

2 comments:

  1. Casting your own figures would be an interesting facet of the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool to cast your own figures. Especially if you can do special or unique ones. 😀

    ReplyDelete