Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Did you know they were that small?

 The Pendraken figures arrived. I'm so not used to tiny figures. My real glasses had to be used to see them and reveal their amazing detail. They're very nice figures most only needed a bit clipped off the the bottom of the base and a quick run over the file. Some of the cavalry had a support under the body and the tail which was quickly removed. The clean up process was easy but 450+ figures still takes some time.

The 2 Army packs less the artillery after a quick rinse.


I searched a few YouTube videos on painting 10mm figures and opted for a black prime and white dry brush. Just a dozen or so figures were done as a test. 

The first few stands.

I'm still pondering base sizes. I had thought 60mm frontage but although that would keep the figure count down doesn't give the mass. 80mm seems to give a good look. 9 Pikeman and 12 Musketeers. Any thing larger will drive the table size up to one I can't accommodate. 
80x35 in the foreground. The rear most stand is 60x35. Cavalry is on a 60x40/

A closer look at the 80x35. I think I'll go a little deeper.

So that's where I'm at so far. Still a bit on the fence with basing but I think trying it out with painted figures should give a better sense to how it will be.


Here's a couple of photos of what's been painted so far this. They've not yet been sorted to their proper homes.

Samurai, WSS, Warring States Chinese.

More Warring States Chinese.


8 comments:

  1. I like the look of the 80x35 Foote stand. With horse having a 40mm depth, bumping the infantry depth to 40mm seems a practical choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input. I’m now thinking of 4”squares for the board.

      Delete
  2. I would agree that a 40mm deep base would work well for you and match the cavalry, you are of to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My enthusiasm is increasing for this project.

      Delete
  3. I concur with what these gentlemen say. Very much looking forward to seeing this project develop…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it’s reassuring to have all of you confirm the choice.

      Delete
  4. Those 10mm figs look barely bigger than a centimeter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit shocked to get wargame figures in the height advertised.

      Delete