Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Workbench update.

 Here's where I'm at.

Painted 10mm TYW waiting for bases to arrive.

More TYW getting painted.

S.A.E. Native Americans being painted. 

The TYW project is moving along. I had bought 2 Army packs from Pendraken they came with all the Musketeers standing but the Pikes were divided into half standing half advancing. Now I could have just gone with it and painted the 10 units I would get and then ordered more figures when I was ready,  stuck to the plan. There is a part of me who couldn't handle standing and advancing figures in the same unit so I hopped online and ordered enough advancing figures and pikemen standing to balance the forces properly. Pendraken let me split a pack of figures as I only needed that many.

The S.A.E. were more of a nostalgia purchase than anything I needed. They're rough castings but I do like the style. There's an interesting post on them over at Man of Tin blog. I spray primed these with a color primer and will do a basic paint job on them.

6 comments:

  1. The S.A.E look splendid ! I look forward to seeing them in action. The tiny chaps are coming along very nicely indeed.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time in which you can paint a unit of 10mm is amazing.

      Delete
  2. The TYW figures should look lovely when based up. Read MoT blog on these figures and it is nice to see some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been getting ones and twos at Toy Soldier Shows and now have a source for more.

      Delete
  3. Looking good! I hear 10mm is the new 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The detail is incredible and you can get the massed look in a smaller footprint.

      Delete