Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Busy but not writing

So it's been a while since I posted last. It's not that I haven't been busy enjoying the hobby I've just been lazy about writing.

We've played quite a few games of A Gentlemen's War and tried out a multi deck activation which Howard brought to Fall-In with great success. I'm still painting my units for the Toy Soldier project and am down to the last two Cavalry units. Howard however has enthusiastically painted a large number of units based on an invasion of Britan by the French.

Recently we played some Flint & Feather testing the canoe rules. A thrilling chase with a climatic battle at the end.

The rules are nearing completion and should be available early next year.

Back in October I was convinced to start on a force for  the War of 1812 to be played with Sharpe Practice 2. I chose to do an American force from the Niagara campaign my friend is building the British. I ordered figures from Brigade Games for the regulars, Knuckle Duster for the militia and used some First Nations I had from Conquest . A tidy little force. All the figures were ordered in the beginning of October and in a first for me painted the same month. Now to get a game in with them.

So there you have it. Playing 2-3 games a month, 50-60 figures painted it's been a pretty successful few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment