Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2018

I was sent to clean my room.

And found some things never change. So it was a rainy day and the only thing on the honey do list was picking up a mattress. I decided it would be a good day to clean/organize the workroom. Not a task I enjoy but things had gotten out of hand and came to a head when I went looking for a bolt to put a headboard together and dumped three jars filled with nuts, bolts, washers screws and various other thingies on top of the work table to find the size I needed, yes after that I went to the hardware store and bought the right size. I clean and slightly organized the hardware then pulled out some boxes to re stack them in a more compact space then I opened one of the boxes. Hey I remember these...
These remind me of a Pauline Baynes drawing.
I forgot I had these..
Airfix WWI Germans repurposed as British attacked by the Tarzan set Africans.

I was glad when Ral Partha came out with British and Zulus.
What else is in here?
Daktari.

Bond, James Bond.

Green Hornet.

I've got to get it all out now.
The box says it all.

I need to bring out the Castle.

When I decided that 4 shells weren't enough I sawed up some nails to make more.

Collectors will hate me but I really want to pull these guys out and use it for Flint & Feather.

The final charge.

Not in scale with Airfix but saw a lot of action.

Much as it was when my Mom sent me up to clean my room more time was spent "playing" than actual cleaning. A well spent four hours anyway. I've decided that I need some shelving to help with the organization but there's no rush and the main part of the work area is clear enough to paint on.


4 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Amazing you still have the Britain's packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got these when the packaging was as cool as the toy and then moved on to other interests and they've mostly been put away only to be be seen every six years or so.

      Delete
  2. 6 years! https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/10119206/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - great memories - I had most of these too - plus Batmobile and Batmans boat, all the Captain Scarlet cars etc...then moved on to Action Man- probably the start of my obsession with toy soldiers!

    ReplyDelete