Pages

Friday, April 12, 2019

Catching up

Blog posting has not been my strong suit this year. The last few years I'd posted  two to three times a month. This year it's been about once a month.  Most posts were battle reports or pictures of what I painted I seem to be getting the games in and have been painted a fair number of figures. I think what has cut down on posting is that we've started watching some TV shows that require my full attention while watching and multitasking has been cut out.

So that brings me to this post of three games played. Two games of A Gentleman's War and one of Chainmail Bikini. The first AGW game was with my 28mm figures. We played a Hubberton scenario modified from the Black Powder Rebellion book. Howard took the Crown forces while Matt T and I split the Patriot forces.
American rearguard forms up.

British deploy across the river.

The battle begins.


The 2nd NH skirmishes with the Indians on the flank.

Game two finds us seventy years ahead playing an ACW game of AGW. I pulled out the 15mm troops for this. The scenario was Daybreak at Hangman's Creek from the Black Powder rulebook. Again Matt and I teamed up on Howard, we being the USA and he being the CSA. We were a little over enthusiastic about the size of this game running three brigades of five units each and hoping to set up play to a conclusion and break down  all in two and a half to three hours but it was a great looking game with all that lead on the table.

Union troops move into the town

The Rebel line is faced by a lone Union regiment.


The Union line awaits the onslaught.

The Confederate brigade attacks as the Union troops attempt to reinforce.

The battle heats up.

More Union troops move up to support.
Lastly Howard and I played a game of Chainmail Bikini. The game was set in China. I controlled the Monks holding a relic, while Howard had a Wizard, his daughters and a number of thugs hires to steal the relic..
The Temple

A day of mindfulness.

Respect for your elders.

The thugs bust through the front gate.

The Monks outnumbered do a fair amount of damage to the Wizards force.

The relics Foo Dog guardian awakens and wreaks havoc on the thugs.
 

Three great games. All better entertainment than a TV show you can multitask through. Thanks for reading.


4 comments:

  1. Great to see the pictures of your games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. One of the goals this year is to get the collections off the shelves and onto the table.

      Delete
  2. I like the Chinese themed game. I am looking to incorporate Chinese wizards and scenery into my Frostgrave project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is mostly aquarium terrain repainted. You'll need a bit more for Frostgrave but I think that would be a great theme for it.

      Delete