Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Resisting the Warlord sale

Last week Warlord Games held a sprue sale. This sale offers a great deal on many of the sprues produced by Warlord. The first week Gates of Antres and WWII were for offered two periods easy for me to resist but this week Pike & Shotte were on sale with figures costing as low as US $0.38 per figure. Now here's a period I could get behind. I had just finished painting a few of the command figures and feel they are some great figures easy to assemble and paint. I've been looking at doing a small army for sometime now but also I've been trying to control the lead pile and budget. The GNW has been the project that was to be the focus for this year so starting something new wasn't what I wanted to do.

Luckily I was saved by an email from Howard. He told me that some 40mm figures that we had bid on arrived and I could pick up my share. It was just enough to keep me from pulling the trigger on the Warlord figures. 

So here's what I got.
Japanese

The Whole Lot

US Marines

US Cavalry

US Marines

Chinese.

I'm pretty impressed by the Scruby figures. They didn't seem to be available when I started the Shiny Toy Soldiers project but they are now and very nice indeed. These may become part of a different project with a different painting technique.

The other dent in the budget came from a purchase from a fellow TMPer who sold me some of the Woodens Foreign Legion and Arabs. I had two boxes of these from way back but missed getting more before the company stopped producing them. I hope to get more someday but should have enough for a small game.

Foreign Legion 

Sphais

Arabs firing.

Arabs with Swords.

So not exactly the best way to keep from spending money but as many of you know the temptations are always out there.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think there's something special about getting something that's not readily available.

      Delete
  2. I really like the wooden figures,they are charming. Some very interesting 40mm fellows too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The line was fairly extensive with scenics as well. A labor of love no doubt.

      Delete