Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Spies, Medievals, and Vietnam

Hobby life is moving along. Painting has slowed down as I was able to get an extra weekend in at work but we've had two good nights of gaming. I didn't get a lot of photos for either game so not a picture heavy post.

First off was a spy game set in 1500's. Howard's paper city creates the scene. The objective of the game was for my spy to drop some documents off and then escape the city. Howard as the Cardinal's Guard was to try and catch me. The Guards spent much of their time challenging stand up citizens and I was just able to make the drop before having almost the entire Guard force descend on me luckily I was able to escape in the confusion and outrun my pursuers.
The City

The Friar looking to save souls.

A Henchman of the Spy accosted by one of the Cardinal's Guards


Next we did a city fight using A Nobleman's War. Matt 2.0 and I were the Swiss who were attempting to destroy the Burgundian guns at the center of town. Jonathan and Howard were the Burgundians and their English mercenaries protecting the city. The Swiss entered the town piecemeal giving the English time to form up and cut down the unorganized Swiss. The Swiss were able to spike three of the guns and cart off one but loss half their force.
Swiss pikeman advance into the city

The artillery park protected by English mercenaries.

I managed to finish a few more Vietnam figures. Here's my attempt at using computer photos as back drops. I've since learned that the figures should be a little closer to the screen and a bit more light in front would help.

USMC

NVA
So that's it.

6 comments: