Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

May I dance with your date?

After a three week hiatus last night saw us at Matt's for a game of  BattleTroll . Time was short so we came up with a scenario that was quick but not too bloody.

Howard's group had taken a young maiden from a near by village as a wife for one of his men. Tying her up lead others to believe she wasn't totally on board with this this so Matt's and my groups went off to rescue/ get her for ourselves.



I moved in quickly and engaged Howard's men.


Matt moved up a bit more cautiously but then engaged as the fight was going well for me. 


Amidst all the fighting the Maid was able to escape her bonds and run off. I managed to disengage and help her as she had chosen to run towards my side of the table.


Matt quickly responded and raced into a blocking position with his band. A violent fight ensued with me losing two karls.



I was able to open a gap in Matt's line and rush my men and the girl trough to safety. 

A quick game and all the better as I won:-) I'm suggesting a campaign be set up for this next year so we can add in the reputation aspects of the rules and develop a story line.

Here's a report from Matt's blog.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Dan. You kept your eyes on the prize. ๐Ÿ˜
    I like the nod to Animal House as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice report! These dark age posts are reminding me that I haven't played with my Vikings in a long time. ๐Ÿ˜€ Might have to check out these battle troll rules as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been having fun with them. A simple set that gives a good game and lends itself to story telling.
      Thanks for reading.

      Delete