Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

The Trifecta

a few weeks back Howard brought some figures he was looking to sell. quite a few were from the Foundry and Copplestone Darkest Africa range which is a period that always some what interested me. Being weak willed and the fact that some of the figures were painted and all were a reasonable price I picked some up. Here's part of the collection.





Since most of the figures were already prime and based I started painting right away. Most of the unpainted figures were porters or villagers wearing loin cloths. It's a pretty quick paint job when all you need is four colors. When Matt suggested Darkest Africa as a period of choice for Thursdays game I enthusiastically said yes. It was just the little bit extra motivation I needed to finish the figures. 

The finished figures layed out on Matt's great table along with some of his Askaris and Howard's Pygmies.






 This is probably the first time I have bought, painted and played with figures in the same month, actually within a week of getting them. Buying already primed figures was certainly an advantage for this as well as the type of figures. 

I applied some paint to a few of the figures that had come painted basically giving them a wash and dry brush which enhanced the paint job already on them.

 I was worried when I first bought the figures that it would affect my bought to painted count for The Pledge . My progress for this year has been pretty good(  the PledgeSeptember )so another 50 figures wasn't going to break me but as the end of the year always brings new figures I didn't want to fall behind. Luckily I've been able to keep the number even so far this month. 

update 10/23
Matt's post with more photos saltflats1929again


8 comments:

  1. You certainly made quick work of these! Nice to get them on the table so quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but remember they were either already primes or painted so that helped a lot.

      Delete
  2. Cool figures. What rules did you use for the game? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used a modified Science vs Pluck by Howard Whitehouse.
      http://www.pulpactionlibrary.com/Products.php

      Delete
  3. Good stuff, Dan. I'll have to get around to posting mine at some point. It will not look kindly for Hercule Leopold though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Added a link to your post. Glad you posted the beer as I forgot to get a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you may deduce from the clean table, i went back and photographed it the next day!😁

    ReplyDelete