Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Project finished?

As many of you know I started this blog as a means to follow and motivate me in my project building forces of the Little Britons figures from Spence Smith. The plan laid out in the first few posts was to paint eight units of Infantry (12 figures each), 4 units of Cavalry (6 figures each) and 4 units of Artillery (3 figures each).  The first game was played in March 2015   using One Hour Wargames. After a few more games of that and one of With MacDuff to the Frontier by Ross Mac Howard was bitten by the Shiny Toy Soldier bug and began painting and working on a set of rules known as A Gentleman's War despite all the distractions, a little over a third of the posts here refer to this project, I finished my goal of forces for the project. Three years in the making. Inspired by Grand Duchy of Stollen I decided to do a review of my troops.

The Cavalry
US 10tth Cavalry, RCMP, Hungarians, Bavarians and Generals.
 The Artillery
The Artillery, Costa Rica, Switzerland, Austria and, Serbia.

The Infantry
 Belgium, Egypt, Greece.

US Marines, Hawaiian Guard, US Infantry, NYS Volunteers.

Spain, Argentina, Canada.

Now is this project finished outside of playing games? There's a unit of Dutch bicycle troops on the painting desk and four bags of figures unpainted in the drawer. Along the way I had decided to paint flags for many of the units and may finish out the remainder putting each Infantry unit at an Officer, Standard bearer and twelve privates. Oh! and I bought some molds to cast my own figures just because. 

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. The one on the far left is from Fort Ticonderoga and the one on the right is from Appomatox.

      Delete
  2. Dan ... the fact that you are asking the question should give you the answer....
    No you are not...

    It’s like being asked... “haven’t you got enough toy soldiers?”

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ofcourse. And there's all those countries to visit.

      Delete
  3. 4 bags in a drawer sounds like ‘not’ finished but who really finishes any hobby project by doing all the figures? It’s finished when you say so. 😀

    I’d be interested in hearing about the figure molds and casting in some future post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I began it seemed like an easy project that could be controlled in size but it has turned into one with an endless need for forces.

      I hoping to try casting in the next few weekends.

      Delete