Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Loot.

Went to the Toy Soldier show down in New Jersey today. Howard is on the mailing list which is good because finding out about it is difficult as there's not any online presence. It's a nice show about 20 vendors packed in a small area. As with most of these shows going is sort of a bit of nostalgia, drooling over the St. Petersburg collection and treasure hunting. Todays show hit all the areas. There were plenty of plastic figures from the past, superbly painted flats, and things I didn't know I needed.

So what did I get?
Britan's B range Scots Greys?

Comparison shot

Kubelwagon, Warlord Sherman, Solido Panzer

out of sequence today's loot 

Black Tree germans for scale. the tanks a little big for me but painted and assembled trumps that minor quibble.

So a successful day. I hadn't planned on getting anything but decided it would be good to have some original toy soldiers and now I have some vehicles for my yet to be completed 28mm WWII Germans. Here's the info I saw on the Hobby Bunker site for the show.

New Jersey Toy Soldier, Military Miniature and Figure Show--

The Hilton Hotel, 650 Terrace Ave, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
Sunday 9am-3pm. March 11* *New Date
Admission:  $6, Children 10 and under FREE with paid Adult



11 comments:

  1. Cool stuff! We'll have to get those tanks on the table soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should give Disposable Heroes a go. They should play within our time limit.

      Delete
  2. B Range Britains...
    An excellent find... I am jealous.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have to decide should I strip the paint or just paint over them.

      Delete
    2. I'll give you a bottle of the stuff I use to strip, which is basically poor man's Simple Green, from Dollar Tree.

      Delete
  3. I don’t think the tank is too big at all, seems to go great with the figures. And as you say, it’s already good to hit the table! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought a figure with me to check before I bought. As we know all tanks were huge when viewed by infantry men.

      Delete
  4. I always thought it would be funny to play a game where all the German tanks used Tiger models, regardless of what they actually were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All German tanks, some German trucks, and occasionally a German kitchen wagon, should be shown as Tigers.

      Delete